Here are the rules.1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer 11 random questions from the person(s) who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award (And be sure to let them know you nominated them!)
4. You're not allowed to nominate the blog(s) that nominated you.
11 random facts about me.1. I absolutely LOVE donuts. I have never eaten a donut I did not like. When I was younger, I used to have dreams where I worked in a donut shop. Did I actually do any work in those dreams? No. I stood by the conveyer belt and snatched off donut after donut, stuffing them all into my face and enjoying the sugary goodness, lol. Needless to say, I will not be working in a place that involves donuts.
2. I absolutely adore long hair. I think it's gorgeous. I have been growing mine out for a few years now. My goal length is to my bellybutton. It's been a bumpy road. I used to get my hair cut about 2 inches past collar bone length, with choppy layers and heavy side swept bangs. I also got the living hell thinned out of it and would use a flat iron when my hair was WET to try to make it dry quicker/straighter. The damage was insane. My hair is now a few inches past bra strap length and healthy, thank goodness.
3. My favorite thing to do to pass time is play video games. Currently, I have been playing Halo 4 and StarCraft in my free time, but I have played so many I can't remember all the names. I have been playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl with a friend of mine as well. It's a blast. We're pretty equally matched, so we never know who is going to win. When I was younger, I wanted to compose music for video games. I still think about it every once in awhile.
4. Birds are my favorite pets. I had parakeets growing up and they were wonderful. Super playful and loved being held and pet. They rarely bit and they were so full of personality. When I got chicken pocks, one of our parakeets would hang out with me on the couch while I watched tv. He would sit on my finger, super puffed up and happy. He was watching me scratch at my head and he was quite intrigued. I went to pet his head and he moved his head to the side and let me scratch behind his neck and around his cheek feathers. You know how when other birds groom their buddies? That's what he was letting me do. It was so adorable. All the parakeets I had when I was a kid passed away. They lived to be around 14 years old. I miss them a lot.
5. I want to learn how to do special effects makeup. Makeup has always been an obsession of mine, not only for the beauty aspect, but the colors and all the things you can do with it. I think it's amazing how many ideas can be brought to life. I love painting and drawing and it's fascinating to me that you can use the human face/body as a canvas.
6. I am very cheap when it comes to clothes and cosmetics. I have barely any high end cosmetics and I get most of my clothes at Ross, TjMaxx, Forever21, Goodwill, JCpenney and several other budget friendly places. I always look at the clearance sections while I'm shopping. You can find so many good deals and wonderful styles without having to pay a bunch of money.
7. I love cooking! I can't wait to try more recipes. (If anyone has any you've been loving lately, I would love to know!) The whole process is a blast to me and it makes me feel good to make something for other people. I like baking desserts and cooking dinner the most.
8. I really wish I could knit. I have a sister who makes the most amazing knit items and is super creative with her knitting. When she wears stuff she knits, she always gets asked where she bought them! I would love to be able to knit with her, but it was a disaster when I tried, haha. I got so frustrated with it. I also wish I could sew. I love DIY/reconstructed clothing. It would be so much easier if I could sew!
9. I just recently started getting into nail polish. My mom has always had nail polish that she would let me borrow, but the color choice was really limited. I started purchasing some different colors I wouldn't even think to wear and I love it! The collection begins. :)
10. When I get really uncomfortable at something, sometimes I just start laughing. It's like, I don't know what else to do but laugh. My friend got pissed off at a video game and threw his controller across the room and was yelling and cussing. I just sat there staring at him like this O.o... and then I busted out laughing. He got really annoyed!
11. I am starting to get addicted to self tanning. I am reaaally pale and I used to have tan skin when I was younger from going swimming all the time. I really missed having a tan. It looked great, but I hate how the sun dries out my skin. I don't burn easily, thank goodness, but it still wasn't working for me. I decided fake tanning was a better idea. :) So far I have been using Fake Bake Flawless and Sunlabs Self Tanning Lotion in Very Dark. Let me know if you want a review!
Here are my answers to the questions I was asked.What do you fear most?
I really fear being alone. :\ I am really socially awkward and shy at times, but I truly love being around people.
Your most inexpensive beauty item?
Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Singles! They were only 98 cents. I have the shades Nutty, Brulee and Envy. They're all gorgeous, but Brulee is my favorite. Very useful.
What is your favorite quote?
I don't have a favorite quote! I'm sorry. D:
What items would you most like to receive as a gift?
Clothing! I love clothes. I love makeup, too, but I am very picky when it comes to makeup. I have very specific taste in colors. :P
What is your favorite beauty product?
Currently it's Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight In Paris. It's super pigmented, creamy, and long lasting. It really is waterproof, which is hard for me to find in eyeliner.
What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?
Do I have to pick just one? >.> For makeup, concealer, eyeliner and mascara.
What beauty product can you not live without?
All I can think of currently is Cetaphil Moisturizing cream in a tub. My skin gets super dry and this stuff gets rid of that nasty, uncomfortable tightness/flaking. I don't use it on my face, though.
What is on top of your wishlist?
I don't really have a wishlist right now. Weird, huh? :O
What do you normally like to read in blogs?
Anything beauty related, especially haircare/styling.
Do you prefer perfume or body spray/mist?
Body spray. I don't usually wear fragrance and when I do, I like to use body spray because it's lighter and not easy to over-do.
Are you a reader? If so, what books would you recommend to me?
I love reading! I usually read graphic novels and medical text books and other random things, not book series. I do love the book White Oleander, though. That was one of those books I couldn't put down.